Film Friendly Hotel: Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki, Finland
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, Helsinki
From its very foundations, through generations, and times of historic change – Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel has always been one of Helsinki’s most vibrant convening places. Our business heritage is both distinctive and distinguished. Our iconic boardrooms and great exhibition hall have provided the backdrop for momentous meetings and landmark decisions, shaping the fabric of Finnish commerce. Where merchants and traders from around the world once exchanged important words and wares, today we continue to welcome the most selective of global travellers. Indeed, to city jet setters and culture seekers – and to leaders of international commerce – Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel lives on as an iconic destination, a unique urban focal point. Here, our guests’ aspirations come to life in a bold and beautiful environment. The avant-garde of design mix with culinary greats, and fashionable accommodation is arranged around a dynamic social space. Like a great city square, towards Radisson Blu Plaza perspectives align and people gravitate – enjoying the statement architecture and uplifting cosmopolitan atmosphere. Meticulously planned, and personally delivered, it’s the instinctively individual service that you’ve always wanted. Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel inspires the feeling of being alive in the moment, centre stage. These are the experiences – and the story – that is written into our name. Welcome to the remarkable Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel, in Helsinki.
• Award Winning.
• Top location in the city center of Helsinki, main sights, shopping and business areas in walking distance.
• 302 high-quality rooms all equipped with bathroom and bath tub or shower, including Business Class and Suites.
• All rooms renewed during 2012 featuring luxurious Magic dreams beds, new technical solutions with connectivity panels, 42” LCD TV´s, Finnish design in all rooms.
• The Plaza Suite – as also known so called “Princess Suite”, above the rooftops offers you and your company a spot of luxury; it is a two floor suite, where the bedroom, sauna and bathroom is located at the second floor.
• Business class & Suite services include: room size of minimum 25 m., free entertainment system with movies and surround system, upgraded room and bathroom amenities, working area and a deluxe sofa, Plaza Lounge and Lounge services.
• 5 fully equipped, renovated meeting rooms – one room with interactive SMART board.
• All rooms are equipped with: air conditioning , iron and ironing board , trousers press, minibar, pay TV and international TV channels, coffee and tea making facilities.
• The most variable restaurant services in one location
• Free WIFI throughout the entire hotel
• Free access to hotel Sauna and Fitness center
• Underground garage with connect to rooms suites.
• Business Center in the lobby
• Michelin-rated since 2006
• Green Key Ecolabel
Rooms & Suites
General room facilities in all room classes: 24 H room service, air conditioning, wooden/carpet floor, telephone, iron and ironing board, bathrooms with bathtubs or showers, complimentary toiletries, electric kettle and coffee/tea/hot chocolate set. 42’ Flat screen TV, connectivity panel, on demand TV-entertainment system including movies and international channels. Wake-up service, free WiFi everywhere in the hotel, Blu Dreams® sleeping experience including Magic Bed and pillow, blanket and relaxation items menu. Small toiletries (e.g. dental kits, shaving kits, combs, slippers etc) available at Front Desk free of charge. Extra bed (120cm) possibility upon request for 2 children or 1 adult, additional charge €20/person/night. Baby crib available upon request free of charge. Children under 12 may stay in the room free of charge whenever extra bed is not requested. Pets are welcome in some rooms (subject to availability), additional charge €20/pet /stay.
Finnish Design – Cooler Than Cool
The new renovation was designed to help guests make the most of their own choices. In each room there are objects designed by Finnish designers. One example is the Eero Aarnio’s classic Tuplakupla lamp – nick named “The Double Bubble” lamp, it ensures silky lighting in the hotel lobby and a smaller version is found in the rooms.
The historical building dates back to 1917 and was constructed to house the headquarters of SOK, the then largest cooperative in Finland. Architects Kauno and Oiva Kallio were inspired by neo-Renaissance, Art Deco and several other eras. A new section was added to the hotel in the 1990’s and was designed by renowned Mr. Ilmo Valjakka from Arkval Architect, LTD. The building is protected by Finland’s National Board of Antiquities.
Decor that Oozes of Art
Radisson Blu Plaza is impressive enough from the outside, but it is only when you actually step over the threshold that you feel the ambiance of the hotel. On the walls hang emblems and stained glass windows signed by artist Juho Rissanen, designs by Alvar Aalto´s and paintings by Sam Vanni, just to name a few. A visit to Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel provides a wonderful insight into Finnish art history.
Nestled on the balcony of Kitzens Restaurant, the Plaza Lounge is the perfect place to mingle with friends or colleagues. Our Plaza Lounge is one of our unique services. Access to the Plaza Lounge is included with Business Class Room and Suite accommodation. Visitors can also enjoy complimentary coffee, fruits and snacks during opening hours.
• Comfortable seating
• Complimentary cold and hot drinks
• Computer with Free high-speed wireless Internet access and printer
• Drinks with snacks and canapés
• International newspapers
• 3 flat-screen TVs with satellite network (connect to a TV with personal laptop)
Contact us for special rates and availability.